We find solutions in planning and environmental law

Since 2005 we have assisted developers, town planners, councils, home owners and environmental consultancies to navigate through the increasingly complex landscape of Environmental and Planning Law.

Unlike other firms, our Principal, Grant Long, was a qualified Town Planner before becoming an Accredited Specialist Planning and Environment Lawyer.

Our team are uniquely experienced and qualified in the area of development, planning and litigation. Based in Newcastle, we serve the Hunter Region to Sydney and beyond.

I want assistance, what are the first steps?

  1. Call our office 02 4929 1929 or fill in the form below.
  2. One of the team will contact you to get an understanding of your goals and make sure we can assist you.
  3. An email/Cost and Disclosure Agreement setting out the agreed scope of work will be sent to you.
  4. Upon receiving your approval to proceed and funds in trust we will begin work on your matter.

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Message

“Long Legal represented us better than we could have ever imagined…


Grant Long always answered our questions no matter how trivial…


Grant’s Environmental Law knowledge was invaluable…


We highly recommend Long Legal.”


 -Lojszczyk, 2018.



Long Legal’s professional and expert guidance inspired confidence in us throughout the legal process…  


Our outcome was in our favour and fantastic!”


– Nisbet, 2017.



Conveyancing Headaches?

Are you buying or selling real estate and have hit a planning or local council issue?   I’ll be the first to admit that planning and local government law in New South Wales has grown ludicrously complex in the last few decades.   The amount of regulation can be mind-boggling and can have significant effects that are not readily apparent until it comes time to sell or purchase.   For example, if you are selling, there may be an order issued by the local council some time ago. This order generally runs with the land, thus making your property far less appealing to prospective purchasers.   As a purchaser, you should ask the vendor for a building certificate or obtain your own. You may love the property but, let’s say, there are issues with the certificate. What should you do?   Does a s.149 Certificate have notes that you find puzzling?   I have over 20 years experience as a local government Planner and Lawyer and can help you make sense of the regulation and make your sale or purchase with peace of mind.   If you are in this position, please give me a call. I would be happy to have a 5 minute chat at no charge to you....