We find solutions in planning and environmental law

We are uniquely experienced and qualified in the area of development, planning and litigation. Based in Newcastle, our specialised team serve the area from the Hunter Region to Sydney and beyond.


I want assistance, what are the first steps?

  1. Call our office or fill in the form below.
  2. One of the team will contact you and let you know if an initial meeting is necessary.
    Initial meetings are not free of charge, despite whether you wish to proceed with your matter or not.
  3. Through our phone discussion/meeting we will make sure we can assist you.
  4. An email or Cost and Disclosure Agreement will then be sent to you.
  5. Upon receiving your approval to proceed and funds in trust we will begin work on your matter.


Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your File

Your Message

“We would like to sincerely thank Long Legal for their support with our successful appeal against Council. Their professional and expert guidance inspired confidence in us to remain strong and hopeful throughout the legal process.  Demolition in a Heritage Conservation Area certainly proved to be a contentious issue – but the outcome, in our favour, was justifiable and fantastic!”

 – Nisbet, 2017.


Conveyancing Headaches?

Are you buying or selling real estate and have hit a planning or local council issue?   I’ll be the first to admit that planning and local government law in New South Wales has grown ludicrously complex in the last few decades.   The amount of regulation can be mind-boggling and can have significant effects that are not readily apparent until it comes time to sell or purchase.   For example, if you are selling, there may be an order issued by the local council some time ago. This order generally runs with the land, thus making your property far less appealing to prospective purchasers.   As a purchaser, you should ask the vendor for a building certificate or obtain your own. You may love the property but, let’s say, there are issues with the certificate. What should you do?   Does a s.149 Certificate have notes that you find puzzling?   I have over 20 years experience as a local government Planner and Lawyer and can help you make sense of the regulation and make your sale or purchase with peace of mind.   If you are in this position, please give me a call. I would be happy to have a 5 minute chat at no charge to you....