We find solutions
Since founding the practice in 2005, we have assisted developers, town planners, councils, and environmental consultancies to navigate through the increasingly complex landscape of Environmental and Planning Law.
Unlike other firms, our Principal and Accredited Specialist Planning and Environment Lawyer, Grant Long, was a qualified and experienced Town Planner before becoming a Lawyer. Our team are uniquely experienced and qualified in the area of development, planning and litigation. Based in Newcastle, we serve the Hunter Region to Sydney and beyond.
Whether it’s a large organisation or a home owner, our clients want the same things
- To be heard
- To feel confident the experts hired will get the task done
- To find solutions in their favour
I want assistance, what are the first steps?
- Call our office or fill in the form below.
- One of the team will contact you and let you know if an initial meeting is necessary. Please note initial meetings are not free of charge.*
- Through our phone discussion/meeting we will get an understanding of your goals and make sure we can assist you.
- An email or Cost and Disclosure Agreement setting out the agreed scope of work will then be sent to you.
- Upon receiving your approval to proceed and funds in trust we will begin work on your matter./li>
*Initial meetings usually run for an hour, and if necessary there is prior reading/researching time required (approx. $440 – $880 excl. GST all up.) Despite whether you wish to proceed with your matter or not, an invoice will be issued to you for Long Legal’s time.
“We would like to sincerely thank Long Legal for their support with our successful appeal against Council. Their professional and expert guidance inspired confidence in us to remain strong and hopeful throughout the legal process. Demolition in a Heritage Conservation Area certainly proved to be a contentious issue – but the outcome, in our favour, was justifiable and fantastic!”
– Nisbet, 2017.